Friday, November 6, 2009

Looking for a New Direction

Good day to all my friends, family, and brethren. Today, we will be covering an interesting topic. That topic being…drum roll please - What do I do now?

Ok, ok, I know this sounds ridiculous but just hear me out. As you know, a week ago I was diagnosed cancer free. For the past 18 months, besides thinking and caring for my son, my only concern, focus, and identity has been on me and my battle with lymphoma.

Granted I am still on several medications (immune suppressants and steroids), which keep me from resuming a regular work schedule and social life. Also, I am in the midst of getting divorced, attempting to sell a house, and eventually moving out from under my parents’ roof and living on my own again. Outside of these items, I am getting closer to the light at the end of the tunnel.

My problem…when I reach that light what do I do? I have been so self contained with cancer, I am not sure where to begin or how. I want to travel. I want to find a new career. I want to spend more quality time with my son. I want to be able to find someone to share life experiences with (although I am unprepared for that now). I want to find more happiness in my daily life.

I am reaching out to anyone reading this blog. I am open to comments, criticisms, ideas, reflections, all of the above. Give me your insight as I am looking for a path.

Thank you and as always cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I think you've laid out your goals pretty well already, Adam. Now you've just got to follow the path that takes you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot to talk about brother. Let me know when you want to sit down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rob. It's not about figuring out what to do, it's about how to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adam,

    Each day can bring something new when you let it. Get out there, try new things solo and with Gabe. One of the most important things I have done this year is be a little bit more vulnerable and open when building relationships, so the ones I create are strong. You are already doing this for yourself with this blog. Keep it up! Maybe you can write for some publications, or a book!!

    :-)jen

    ReplyDelete