Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hip Pre-Op

Today was pre-surgical day. Blood work. Nurse check-up with prescription review. Met with a care coordinator about post-operative in-home and out-patient physical therapy. X-rays. Urine sample. Finally, a meeting with the surgeon, who told me I have a “jelly belly.” If he wasn’t such a damn good surgeon, I’d punt him in the nuts.

Do you remember trying to push a square peg into a round hole as a kid? It doesn’t work.

Well…after viewing X-rays of my right hip today, I found it doesn’t work with bones and joints either. The femoral head of my right leg is the square peg. The hip socket is the round hole. Doc said it probably hinges a lot. This explains the increased soreness and pain I’ve been experiencing. Everything else is right as rain and we are set for surgery.

We also discussed potential corrective right knee surgery following the hip replacement. I am slowly getting closer to the end but still not there yet.

14 days until my upgrade.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment