Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tears of Joy

Whoever says doctors don’t work on the weekend, obviously has never had cancer and haven’t met my amazing oncologists from Dana Farber and Brigham & Women’s hospitals of Boston.

I received the best news possible. My oncologist just called (yes on a Sunday night) to inform me, that all the biopsy results are complete and I am still in complete remission. My world can finally start turning again.

I am not a patient person, so waiting to find out if I was about to battle cancer all over again was horrible. The past six weeks were absolute torture. There was no relief for the havoc my stomach went through worrying. There was no pill strong enough to give me a good night’s or on some occasions any sleep at all.

In the past six weeks, I questioned my faith in life, my strength to fight and my will to want to continue if the results were different. Luckily, I am no longer in a position to worry about these things.

I want to thank my parents for putting up with my horrible disposition during this time. I want to thank all the prayers from family and friends. I want to thank my brother for his willingness to travel back to Boston on a drop of a dime to give me another transplant if necessary. And of course, my beautiful son, Gabriel, who can always make me smile.

There are no right words to truly describe my happiness at the moment. Needless to say, I will probably end up crying myself to sleep again tonight, but it will be for much better reason.

~Cheers,
Adam

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy for you, Adam! If the news had been different, I have no doubt that you would have risen to the challenge. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete