Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time to get real

“To thy own self be true hamlet.” - William Shakespeare, Hamlet Act 1, scene 3, 78

I started writing this blog to give friends, family, and complete strangers insight into my cancer and treatments and hopefully providing some inspiration to those fighting their own battles in life. Also, I found it therapeutic to write about the events I’ve experienced. I needed to empty the thoughts polluting my mind for so long now.

However, it comes to my attention, there are details I purposely omitted because I felt they were too graphic or personal to divulge. These details are the ones which keep me awake at night. The details that make certain smells, TV programs, music, etcetera almost unbearable.

I will start story-telling about some of my more graphic, emotional, sad, and in some cases humorous events that occurred in and out of the hospital since my diagnosis. Be patient, stay with me, and enjoy the ride.

Cheers!
~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment